The primary purpose of Global Action Plan International is to support member organizations in their work to design and deliver behaviour change programmes that empower people to live more sustainable lives and reduce our impact on the planet. The network acts as the global catalyst; sharing the most successful approaches, tools and programmes with its members across the world who adapt them for local delivery. This allows the network to get proven approaches to scale quickly and effectively through coordinated international action.
Our programmes all incorporate three fundamental GAP values which come from the network’s 25 years experience in effecting lasting change:
- We are aspirational:
- We share a positive vision of a more sustainable world where caring people live in just and inclusive societies respecting planetary limits.
- We don’t try to scare people with stories of doom and gloom.
- We empower people:
- We believe people are fundamental to creating a more sustainable world and empower them to make changes to the way they live and work. We meet people where they are and help them to find their own motivation to change
- We don’t judge and we don’t direct
- We are impactful:
- We design programmes that use the latest research insights to create measureable and lasting change
- We don’t look for short term solutions or conduct research that isn’t action focused.
Our members also collaborate on many joint international projects from inspiring water wise learners in schools and creating energy efficient households and communities to helping people live happier, healthier, and more planet friendly lifestyles. Find out more about some of our international behaviour change projects here.
If you or your organisation is interested in joining the Global Action Plan International network please contact: [email protected]